Thursday, April 14, 2011

Todays Training and thoughts on feet, blisters and Sundays race

Todays training -
1. Overhead press - 1x5@70lbs 1x3@80lbs 1x3@90lbs
2. Jerk set -@20kgs 4:00 24 reps
3. Snatch set -@16kgs 4:00 24/24
4. Pushups - 3x20
5. Run - bike path 8.20 (NB Minimus)

~
Poor choice of shoes today. Rubbed a blister about the size of a quarter on my left big toe. The recent wet weather has really played a number on my feet - especially as I'm running sockless now with the "barefoot" shoes. Thinking back I would have been better off in my Vibrams were there is less play and the toes are more stable within the shoe. Have all day tomorrow to heal it however and I'll be good to go for the weekend - whatever that may bring. I'm leaning towards a 20 on Saturday AND the race (Clydes 10k) on Sunday -just with lower expectations for the race and a "do it for fun and t-shirt" attitude!

See you there?

No comments: