Wednesday, December 23, 2020

These Common Wounds


These common wounds:

to tend these common wounds, different to each, unique, and yet shared in a certain bond that we ache in a silent part of life. I know my wounds, and through this I surmise the hurt of others, that by virtue of how life unfolds that you as well have been wounded. 

at this point it's not about details, there's no wish for anything but space to share, to lend myself as capacity for others to simply rest in company. I want to tell you that you're not alone, your pain is shared in essence if not detail, and that we break and heal together. But not with words, as helpful as they often are - let's both be held in a silence of true company, the courtesy of allowing ourselves to just be open with our pain without need for it to be altered through the use of words, tending to ourselves, to each other, with the gift of being present. 

through life these wounds are protected through layers of projection, guarded, and kept from public view. My own wounds were all but buried through years of denial, by false fronts, and an offered sense of strength through every storm. There was little space to simply hurt, to tend to wounded needs. There was no space shared with others. 

no true space. 

a true space is empty of expectation for healing, it's not meant to alter how we feel. It's just provided, my own capacity offered to you, and it's yours for whatever wish you need. Through this my emptiness is fulfilled. This is the service of company, our gift of together. I know we share a common wound, my own deep ache tells me so. This, right here, not these words but the space that follows, is what I offer...

my capacity to hold you through this pain.

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: