Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Message of Kabbalah


Message of Kabbalah:

that which is received - and it's the message of Kabbalah, reception, and that words are passed on from some higher source. It's a beautiful tradition. Yet for me, I find that it all takes place through the tradition of  writing, a true alchemical means of words appearing though the invitation of an empty page. It's patience, and perhaps the wisdom of allowing words to find their way to me without the need of petition or prayer. 

inspiration is the grace of receiving. 

what takes place is mystery, an expression of the unknowable making it's way to me and my words simply a rough translation. The words themselves aren't special, no secret or higher meaning - the magic, the only and true magic, is that moments before there was no inspiration, no words to be arranged. Just emptiness waiting, abiding in its creative energy. Knowing. 

the clear message of Kabbalah, for me, is to wait - my agenda has no role in this process, only my surrender. Words will be received, emptiness fulfilled. I am part of this reception, a creative means to reach the page. If I wish to write, to join the alchemy of form from the formless - I only have to show up, open to receive.

to be as empty as the page. 

in this way too I am fulfilled, a served capacity to express a certain will for art, perhaps some beauty, and insight shared. It's the simplest form of Kabbalah, no more than primal cave art, desire itself, creation, and the grace of inspiration. 

this morning - I showed up to write these words. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: