Tuesday, April 6, 2021


My ego: 

the ego's okay, at least mine is, it's not a mistaken belief of who I am, nor the false self that runs my world - it's simply an appearance, part of what shows up as a daily voice, no different than the sunrise in its place. It appears...

and it belongs.

in the past I fought this part of me, viewed as an unacceptable, non-spiritual source of pain. It was made more than it really was meant to be. No aspect of myself should be battled.My ego has collected cherished, as well as dreaded portions of my life in it's attempt to guide me. In its role it wishes me well, safety, and love. 

no different than a friend.

but it's only been a recent friendship, that I believed there were parts of me that didn't belong, a war fought within myself for a false claim of self and ownership of life. It was all imaginary, a windmill in my mind and my tilt to battle. Somehow though, and without much fanfare, it's all gone away. I've grown agreeable with myself. 

yes, my ego remains, and still voices its concerns. Yet I'm at peace with my friend, a growing sense that every aspect of myself belong through virtue of appearance. These are all part of me, or perhaps better thought - it's all me in seeming parts.  The war is over, even if an occasional skirmish of agreement still remains. 

I'm happy just to be. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: