Sunday, April 25, 2021

Interior Work


Interior work:

right now, it's seen - the interior work of all that seemed dormant during winter's barren hold, of days short of sunlight, and icy touch of snow and wind. This is what winter brings, this heart depth of green, and the varied hue of every flower set in bloom. This is what my body aches for though every bitter cold day, what my eyes long for in the sight of empty branches. I am alive to every season, yet it's spring I feel the keenest, so gradual in what it brings it gives to me. 

but this is truly winter's gift, life stirring unseen beneath the bark of trees, flowers prepping future bloom, and the earth nourished by the snow. This is the true seamless flow of every season, that earliest spring occurs through the shortest days of winter. 

right now, it's barely seen at all - light in growing length, the sun slightly warmer than the day before, and every color deepening to my view. This moment, fully spring, and as well the early touch of what's to come. It's how the seasons go, always in motion, seamless. 

to this, my own seasons come to view - that I am present to this moment, enjoying the warmth of sun, that heart-touch of a deeply green world, and every patch of flowered color. Yet, there's interior work as well, life stirring to whatever mystery lies ahead. I am in motion, seamless too through every season that life offers. 

right now, it's spring, warm, and green - a gift for just this moment. 

~

Peace, 
Eric 





No comments: