Saturday, September 12, 2020

What Is


What is:


to let what is - yet even this misleads in its subtle indication that there's someone to allow a thing to be, that things could be otherwise if only more effort was applied. Allowing happens on its own. My surrender to whatever the moment holds is an afterthought, claiming an action clearly not of my taking. This isn't passive acceptance, but clearly noting whatever is happening now, what appearance is found, and what is already passing. It's seeing the motion of life in terms of my belonging. To let what is - without my interference to life's motion, knowing that even my objections belong, and that any action taken is best when recognized by this order. It's the Tao of non-doing.

This is much more simple than it may sound, gentle, and in truth it all happens entirely on its own. Whatever appears in my life is allowed by virtue of its appearance, a non-argument with reality, and coming to terms with this is the meditation of the moment. To let what is - and right now I find myself in early morning calm, a chirp of insects play outside my window, and soon it seems there will come a storm. There's an infinite interplay of things arriving, structures changing even in my observation, and already what's been noted has become something other than before. Life continues. Motion. It's all allowed, and to wish for life to pause, or to offer an alternative to right now is to struggle with what's known. 

To let what is - and this is life in its full allowing nature. 

Peace,
Eric 

No comments: