Saturday, September 19, 2020

Privilege of Being Aware

 

The privilege of being aware:

that I am aware, and privileged by this knowledge - from this point every cosmic question is a guessing game, the source of this awareness, my origin as a being, and my eventual ending as this form, all questions that fall outside this privilege of being aware. I just don't know, and my curiosity now belongs mostly to the moment - my inquiry isn't to gain knowledge but to explore the depth of my capacity to hold the world, how one more thing always seems to find a place in this unfolding, life in infinite expansion and my own seamless grace to flow along. 

Indeed, this is a privilege. 

There are questions, of course. I sometimes find myself asking why have we gained this privilege to be aware, to what ends are we blessed by this gift of seeing and knowing that we see? But I don't expect answers, and the questions themselves always lead to deep appreciation. 

I am grateful to be aware. 

This truly is a gift. It's the rich fabric of being alive - of how the view is more than simply objects appearing but my own landscape of existence in a spread of possibilities. This is being aware of silence being played in a vibration of sound, one thing singing of itself, and that I am somehow joined in audience and participation. It's my touch in continuation, no longer given strict perimeters of what's found beneath fingers or brushed against me, but now finding that every experience is a touch in someway, intimate, and a way to truly sense the world. 

 That I am - is to be aware. 

~

Peace,

Eric 

No comments: