Thursday, September 24, 2020

My Own Understanding

 

As for my own understanding:

my own understanding, seeing, hasn't freed from me from anything, at least not the things of life that have caused me to suffer. I am not enlightened. If anything, some wounds are felt more deeply, intimate in a sense of their belonging, with no rush to mask or send away. I sit with emotional pain as a friend would keep company to any loved who's in need, seeing myself as my own best comfort - if not free from an entangled life, than I am at least my own beloved. 

in this same understanding I hope to have more to offer others - to be able to hold each encounter in a spacious allowing that frees us both the from demands of any expectations. This too, includes my slights and failings. I offer wholeness, my complete imperfections without need of being healed. I ask nothing in return but my own sake of recognition, that in each moment we bring only what we're able, and that we're both fragile, in a wish to be truly heard. To see this to be in a dialog of tenderness, unspoken in all but our acceptance. 

Life, so it seems to me, doesn't offer freedom from itself - only motion, and my own belonging to the current of this moment. Seeing this, is to be free as life's expression, that right now is only how it could possibly be until the current brings to be another moment. My own understanding hasn't freed from anything - but has left me free within life's motion.

Peace, Eric 

No comments: