Friday, September 11, 2020

Is Aware


What I am - is aware:

This, my direct path of simply being - what's felt now against skin, whatever scent to reach my nose, each sound that registers no matter how faint, and every detail of the world that unfolds before me. It's all known through my experience of the moment, aware, effortless, and it's all I need in practice, just to note that life is happening right now - and that I am joined, fully, in its occurrence. There's no question of awareness here, my experience may mislead on origin, the story I apply later will never be truthfully, completely told - but that I am aware in the very moment of which something happens, is not at all doubted. What I am is aware. 

This is a practice only so much as needed, once noted it's surrendered too and life continues in its own grace of being. Everything on this path is spontaneous, and most celebrated is the gratefulness I find in being alive, that each moment I am gifted with knowing a true intimacy with whatever occurs, everything belonging in the instant that it happens, and that even my judgement and wish for something other belong in equal measure to the beauty that is found. 

So what I am, what we are - is aware. No matter what story is told later, there is always, only, the direct experience of right now. Whatever it is. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: