Thursday, September 3, 2020

As This



it will never be this again - each moment is a now experienced only once, a shift to something other even as I note that this is so. I gain a deep appreciation with this noting, a pause of my own action to simply rest in this awareness. Life is motion. It's occurring in participation of my thoughts, body, and sense of being - right now my thoughts flow with words inspiring to reach the page, my body literally swims in a trade of cells and particles to make and remake this form I call my own, and my sense of self too expands and contracts to what the moment holds. All I really know is change, constant, and rely on memories of what's since passed as an anchor to right now. 

Yes, it will never be this again, not in any true way, but there is certain faith in stationary existence, a hope that I can a particular cherished moment. Perhaps if only in a memory. But all I really, ever have is right now, this, and whatever it is that fills this moment. And it's fleeting. It's in knowing this that real joy begins, tinged with the sorrow of loss, not at all opposites but the true experience of each moment. I am grateful to be aware of this, and even as I forget that this is so, often, there is just as quick the joy of remembering - catching a glimpse of what passes, joined in the act of letting go, and now a smile for what may now arrive. 

As this - I live in possibilities. 

Peace,
Eric 

No comments: