Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The World Becomes My Welcome



and so the world becomes my welcome - it's this seeing that brings a sense of intimate belonging to my day, a first rise of not just light but a dawn of possibilities and remembering my place amidst the whole. First morning seeing is a two way greeting, an instant meditation of emptiness meeting itself as form and becoming the new day. It's the seamless grace of sun parting night even though it was always present. This is simply life in a shift of patterns, one thing in focus of a different aspect of itself, the depth of my sleep in subtle awakening, first moments of dawn continuing in its reach of day - it's the same light, the same life in constant motion. My eyes open to this each morning, another round of natural, effortless meditation. There is nothing to do but awaken - and so the world becomes my welcome. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: