Thursday, August 27, 2020

A River's Course



even the river owes its current to the bed of earth that holds its course of flow, and every raindrop too is added as a blessing. Further on is gratitude for clouds that give rain and the sky for its allowing nature. Nothing is truly independent from another. 

I find myself as a current too, motion in a course of life, and blessed by all that's given. There is nothing that does not hold me in some way, no different than the river in my place on earth, deep, connected to a depth that allows for motion. The clouds rain for me, drops falling to the benefit of my continued course, and every storm an event that steers my way through life. Then too the sky reflects my own open nature, allowing for things to be just as they are, unmarked by all that passes. It's the very air of its giving that allows for my existence. 

Truly, it seems, I am system of some sort - belonging deep as earth and open fully as the sky. Nothing set apart for another, co-existing in equal giving to the whole. I am a river of being, motion found somehow aware, and now grateful for the course that's given. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: