Sunday, August 25, 2013

Forgiveness and Me

It's not always easy to forgive - old hurts seem to come back and haunt the mind once more and new ones find their way to pile on. It's not easy. Maybe it's not supposed to even be easy. But it's what we do - it's what we need to do for our own peace of mind. My own issues will often rush again to throw me off course - and that's ok - my true north points to inner peace and I'm seldom thrown for long or very far. Yet every throw still hurts. Perhaps I am blessed with a large forgiveness lesson to help me teach others, to teach myself, to break the final ties that bind me to a hurtful past once and for all. I don't know. I just do what I can - I forgive, I release, I surrender - and repeat. It's a journey. A long one. But I have no where else to go.
Peace,
Eric

No comments: