Saturday, September 3, 2022

Namaskar


Namaskar: 

yoga is the prayer position of hands clasped together in front of the heart, that's it, the entire essence of this ancient system is found within this simple gesture, namaskar, bowing with reverence to a single consciousness shared between us. This is an asana of recognition, my hands joined and placed before my heart center signifies union and the deepest love that joins us all together, this is yoga, every path now displayed in humble offering. I recognize life, that it's all divine, every aspect of it, and my gesture shows this recognition, a bow offered to the world. 

namaskar.

that I recognize a single life between us.

I love things in essence, an entirety of something so large can be found completely within the smallest word or gesture, that one thing is able to contain the loveliness of the whole. And that's really what an asana is, the body used as an instrument of display, opening itself to divine energy, and given as a complete prayer within the moment it unfolds. One posture, it doesn't really matter which one, is the complete display of yoga, but only if done with devotion, mindful of the essence shown, breath channeled from subtle ether's to the body's function. That's exactly how the body prays, motion, a pause through stillness, and then continued on in its performance. 

doing any one thing, with certainty and reverence...

that's yoga. 

namaskar, my hands clasped together in prayer position, placed before my heart and I perform this as an act of deep love, offered to all who read this, to those who even glance the title and then move on. The essence is found there, one word, namaskar, it's the yoga of what's been written. 

I bow to you. 

~

Love, Eric 

No comments: