Sunday, September 4, 2022

Equal To The Page


Equal to the page: 

to match myself as equal to the page means that I don't need to write anything at all, that I am just as complete without leaving a single thought recorded, and more so that I serve as capacity for words to grace me with their appearance, really, no different than a page. So each morning I simply wait for words to find me, no rush in my approach to writing. I am content to sit and listen to the sounds of the world awakening, every sound hushed in softness, as if not quite ready for the harsher noise of day. I've grown to love this silence space that exist just before first words appear, listening to the absence of sound as clearly as the early morning notes that will soon part through, a seamless hearing of the world. 

and with this...I am equal to the page in every meaningful way.

by this I mean capacity, emptiness by basic nature, yet always allowing for the world to manifest completely through me, or more apt to say that I am the manifestation of the world. It's easily seen on any page, existing first as emptiness but also a serving space for any story to be told, a willingness to hold and share every writer's deep expression. Each morning I match myself again as equal to the page, just as empty, having my own willingness to hold every word as dear, sacred in the grace of its appearance. And that's capacity, serving by my emptiness for the fulfillment of thoughts and words, ideas, and really, for the formation of the world. 

it's a seamless trade of equal beauty.

an empty page isn't the absence of words, it's the potentiality of their appearance, home, an extended promise for every words expression. This too is the silence found before my first idea, and I find myself completely at home within this quiet capacity, being a moment of getting to know my truest self, content with all that's present. I don't need to write anything, but words appear now, easily parting through their silence hold to greet me. 

and again to match myself as equal to the page...

I am capacity for every word that finds me. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: