Sunday, August 21, 2022


To teach: 

as I continue to teach meditation, I now find that my own practice deepens even further, opening to more subtle levels of stillness, a more profound silence than I ever knew before. It's a gift that teaching gives to me, serving the concerns of others and in return I get to experience meditation again with the innocence of a beginning and yet as well with years of accumulated practice calling me to stillness. It's a unique opportunity and one that I truly appreciate and consider it an honor of participation. 

this is what I would call my dharma. 

my purpose of the moment.

meditation is a commitment, a life path really, and not everyone is called to sit in quiet for a certain length of time. But some are, and for a few it becomes a beautiful expression of their own internal silence offered to the world, a meeting place for the entire cosmos to appear within the mind. It's also a useful tool, a simple and easy method to benefit our lives, providing deep rest, relaxed, becoming more responsive to the needs and concerns of others. As I continue to teach meditation all of these benefits become tools to further my craft of teaching - my practice becomes what I offer to those who wish to learn. 

it's a self-serving dharma.

to teach meditation is my purpose, at least for now, and I don't mean this as the sole reason for my existence. I believe that life is true dharma, being alive provides its own sense of purpose and doesn't need the additional meaning that I assign. But I truly love teaching and find that it does provide fulfillment, serving others, sharing this profound experience of silence that meditation provides. 

it's the dharma of this moment.  

to teach...is the means of its fulfillment. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: