Friday, August 5, 2022

Necessarily So


Necessarily so: 

that I have faith, and necessarily so, as it's cause for my surrender as well as the means of an awakening to another way of seeing the world. My faith is given to the mantra, a sound, vibrating all the way to the depth of cells and carrying me to the point of my original stillness. My faith is just a thought repeated, saying the mantra to myself, silently, a faint idea playing through my mind and at first mixed with the infinite other thoughts that always seem present. But I keep returning to the mantra, not focused, loose, an easy repetition of words that have no meaning other than the role of their vibration. There is silence here, that's my faith, the mantra simply revealing my underlying state of mind, allowing me to notice a gap between one thought and another, however slight at first, yet eventually it's here that I surrender. 

that I have faith, and necessarily so, as it's cause for my returning home. 

faith is of a different quality than belief, lighter in it's hold, and having no concern to whatever's past this present moment. My faith is here, now, and not given to anything that isn't able to be noticed. I claim no faith beyond this moment, my salvation is at hand and belongs only to my surrender, letting go of everything that isn't absolutely sure and true right now. With this I have the utterance of my mantra, ethereal, and yet always available to my notice, until it too vanishes to the faith of my surrender. Only silence then remains, primordial, seamless to every sound and thought that arises. 

my faith is here, and necessarily so. 

nothing else is present. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: