Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Of Pure Listening


Of Pure Listening:

for the joy of true listening - allowing things unnamed to the moment they arrive, the pleasure of what the world gives in early morning sounds. It's an easy mediation, sitting, no effort to reach a certain frame of mind. I come to smile as labels arrive, to name a sound a bird call or distance car - for just a moment it's just the world, not yet named until a vibration reaches my mind. But I have that brief, brief instant of pure listening, that just before moment...and I know it remains throughout the day, a seamless reality of silence in its gentle hold of sound. 

it's really, only, one thing. 

this listening is always available - sound expressed and received in original innocence of hearing, the communication of silence to the air, and my own response of translation. I am joined in that one instant of silence parting to be heard, a shared moment of allowing, something, some sound in its initial stir from stillness, emerging. And what I hear is silence, unnamed, pure and true in these first moments.

what I am - is listening.

 it's simple, one thing in response to itself, it's all music really. To listen, truly so, is to remember that I belong as well to this allowing space of silence and note, that I am essential to this hearing, providing my own openness as a field for its reception. What I hear is my own seamless nature expressed as the music of the world. Every note, each pause, is a reminder that I belong.

it's the joy of pure listening. 

~

Peace, Eric 


No comments: