Thursday, September 28, 2023

Each Asana


Each asana: 

there's beauty in each asana, maybe not one of mine specifically, at least not at at certain moments, but inherently so, and my only real role is to uncover it's grace through the art of breath and posture. Reveling myself as essential to its beauty. 

yoga is most truly an art form. 

and through my practice I become the medium for its expression,

initially, I thought myself the artist, that it was through my effort that the inherent beauty of the posture was shown. Yet lately it's become known that I am simply part of this expression, an aspect of this spectacular design meant to be displayed briefly through the pose. Through my practice I've become art, a display of energy achieving the momentary appearance of stillness. 

a still life.

and then once more to motion. 

it's a whole new practice for me now, committing myself to each asana as a larger expression than just a pose. I am part of something more meaningful than a routine of yoga, beyond a mere stretch, deeper, and I allow myself to be directed by the mystery of breath and each asana. The question now becomes how should I be shown, what's the medium for this posture? 

and the answer is always found in its display.

however it might unfold. 

each asana is perfect.

beautiful.

inherently so.

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: