Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lessons - Third Anniversary of My Mother's Death

Third anniversary of my mother's death...I'm remembering the strength and grace she showed in the course of a very long, hard illness. I thought it was her final lesson - yet I still find myself learning. There are lessons just now unfolding and lessons that promise more in later times. Learning to let go was and is difficult and yet I find now that the real lesson is not just on letting go but on opening the heart to feel her presence beyond the physical. And this is where the real and important lessons are learned - within the heart. My mother was a teacher her entire adult life. I believe she choose that role in timeless realm before her birth and lived her life in regard to that higher calling. No one taught better. I'm still learning. Thank you Mom.


Love,
Eric

No comments: