Saturday, February 1, 2020

Just A Moment Watching Clouds



a cloud is real even in the ineffable essence of its drifting, as equal to the reality of the sky that holds it. Yet there's no lasting measure to its presence, air holding no memory of its passing, and the cloud itself soon dispersed of form. So which is greater in reality - a cloud belonging only for a moment in the sky? Or the sky which lends its very spaciousness for the cloud to even be? Perhaps, there is no greater truth, no one thing more real than any other, and this is all just a play of space and form in a trade of even value. My own observation shows me a seamless reality - there is no break from cloud to sky, and more so, I too am included in this whole. In this light I am as temporal as any cloud and as lasting as the sky. I am joined in this play of space and form. This than, is as real to me as anything else that's ever been shown, as real as any other moment experienced, and too I know none of this for certain.

Truthfully, it was just a moment
watching clouds.

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: