Saturday, November 18, 2023

Subtle Energies


Subtle energies: 

it's the more subtle energies of yoga that truly gathers my attention, working with the breath to touch those finer points of prana, meditation unfolding in an ever deepening silence, and the original intent of asanas becoming more known as I hold each pose in a calm and sure manner. But it's my commitment to the ethical concerns of yoga that holds my attention now, the Yamas and Niyamas, first two of the eight-limb path, perhaps most subtle of all in the energies they present. 

subtle to the point of being overlooked. 

I think this is mainly due to how they're initially encountered, reading them first as instructions for how a yogi should live, being seen as moral guidelines for one to follow. Which they are, but only overtly so, with those subtle energies becoming more apparent as their practice deepens far past the point of being mere observances, acting now as channels for some higher energy that unfolds mysteriously throughout my life. 

subtle energies indeed. 

and with renewed commitment to their practice I finally see how the path of yoga is connected as a whole, each limb being essential to its tree of wisdom. The Yamas and Niyamas are the first limbs for a reason, they're vital in preparation for all that follows, cleansing, refining my senses to better handle such sacred, pure energies. It seems my life is being built as a foundation for those finer, more subtle energies to flow through, that I'm becoming transparent, an easy expression of life's creative forces at play. My yoga is ever deepening, a full practice now, whole.

and still very much a mystery. 

subtle energies indeed. 

~

Peace, Eric 



No comments: