Monday, December 31, 2012

Remember

The goals I have for this new year are mostly personal, spiritual and emotional. Yes, I do have quite a bit I would like to achieve physically - my first 100 ultra - but ultimately I wish to make these goals part of a spiritual agenda. An advancement of spirit if you will. The key to this is simple remembrance - to remember spirit first in all things. The great thing about remembrance is that it allows room for forgetting. We're not saints (not yet) and we will make mistakes, we will be unkind and thoughtless - we will forget the advancement of spirit. Until we remember. And then we begin again. Starting with ourselves - we will remember and we will be kind to ourselves and forgive ourselves and once more offer the best if who we are to others - knowing that they too often forget and that they too will remember and offer (again) their best to us. This is grace. And for you...may 2013 be filled with spirit and grace.

Peace,
Eric

No comments: