Thursday, August 30, 2012

Politcal Rant of the Convention Season (#1)

I'm tired of politics. Yes, I'm going to sound politically biased here I'm sure - I usually vote Democrat. There are many reasons for this but the most ironic one is that I don't believe that the government should dictate marriage policies - marriage should be regulated while big business and manufacturing plants should be deregulated? This makes no sense to me. All government can be obtrusive at times - however I like the thought of government having my back in times of crisis. Could they do a better job of it? No doubt. But it's hypocritical to run on a platform of small government and then accepting the emergency handout funds. It's also hypocritical to stand on a platform and outright lie about the policies of your opposing party - this is true for Democrats and Republicans. And shame on any audience for not fact checking ANY speaker. It's nice to believe the words that we're fed but lies will always have a bitter aftertaste. So this is just a small political rant. It happens just a few times a year so thanks for being patient with me!

Peace,
Eric

No comments: