Sunday, November 7, 2021

Art Of Pausing


Art of pausing:

resisting the urge to add anything, to make my point known for the sake of inclusion, as if I could belong to the world any more than I already do. I believe in the art of pausing, a moment just before my own opinion, and it's the voice of listening, my true self resting in the tone of silence. With this comes my response, so different than any reaction, relaxed and at ease in what to say, write, and behave. It's an easier way of living, for me at least, and for right now. This arrived naturally through some grace of life and years, and every experience that taught me to respond from a more open perspective of just allowing things to simply be for their own sake, without the need of interference. 

this is the pause of discernment, of recognizing any need for my involvement, and a measure of any force applied to situations that call for more ease, patience, and kindness. This is a moment of true tenderness, allowing things to unfold in their own way and pace of life, as if watching a bud just before bloom, patient even in the eagerness of warmth and rain, waiting for the perfect, exact time to blossom. Nature knows the art of pausing, that action takes place even through the stillness of allowing life it's own course. 

it's not a practice though, not a way of mindfulness, but simply the way itself, Tao, the art of living and our natural response. Here's what I know harmony - that it exists in seamless hold to all of my misgivings, my every forceful actions taken, and allows for each seeming mistake without cause for interference, and yet at no time am I abandoned, never left alone to sort through the wake of any storm. I am always instantly restored, held so intimately in this belonging there's no room for anything more than life in its every tender expression. Harmony urges me to pause, it speaks of this belonging, and reminds me that life continues through this way, at ease with ever action. 

the way is perfect, nothing for me to add, and resisting the need to say more...

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: