Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Let's Talk A Bit


Let's talk a bit:

let's talk a bit about God - and here I'll be honest in that I'm offering just another concept, a description of my own view right now. God is a term I'm using and it will different than the one you may believe is true, it may fail to meet the expectations of someone's disbelief as well. Nothing that follows should be taken in any literal sense, just my thoughts this early morning, a topic for my day. 

any word can be replaced, even God, and the use of other terms may satisfy others, carrying less baggage for their ease of mind. Yet for this let's talk of essence, God as reality, and not separate as any source outside of our own self, of our bodies in their holiness, sacred through creation. There is no God outside of any of this, not separate from earth and the course of stream to oceans, mountains and sweep of sky atop their view. This is God of forest, land, life through every detail. Perhaps it's best to say that God is - and allow all that follows to hold as true. 

yet I don't believe in a God of intent, not one of purpose, nor design. God is evolution and spontaneity, particles in their attraction, the big bang and whatever came before. There is not a God of cause but only of continuous effect, happening, life in process. It's when I try and look outside of any of this that problems seem to hold my mind - asking questions of why anything that feels wrong should happen, why misfortune falls on the good and just, or a loved ones die before their time feels due. It's the belief that God is apart from life in any aspect that causes great suffering, a God arbitrary in decision, giving free will only to punish for choices thought wrong, a God of judgement and harm. 

so let's talk a bit about God - 

there's life, and death that follows, a transition of cells to basic level, atoms reshaped to other form. Nothing real is ever lost here, life in essence remains true, sure in its continuation. There is soul and this is our return, earth again, dust, ground and trail for others to follow. We are reborn to other parts of a seamless world, perhaps coming as a spring leaf and left again to another autumns breeze. It's all just details, God, life through all that happens. If there is a purpose it is self fulfilled, already done by the simplicity of simply being. 

of course these are just my thoughts this morning, early, looking through my window as the world is touched by the softness of first light. Later in the day it might all seem different, a sharper light may change my view, but for now, this what I offer...

just my thoughts on God.

~

Peace, Eric 


No comments: