Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Beautiful Dharma


A beautiful dharma: 

my dharma is being, simply so, and nothing more ever truly needs to be added. In yogic philosophy this term is often used as our divine purpose, what we're meant to accomplish on our short time here on earth. In this light I easily see my dharma already fulfilled, and having done so the very moment I arrived to the world. 

my purpose is to be alive.

a beautiful dharma.

everything else is just an expression of my role, a rendering that gives meaning in temporary ways, artistically so, and all for reasons of curiosity and joy. There is no greater purpose than this, not in my view, it's not frivolous, but earnest and noble in pursuit. To allow myself to be alive without a role to fulfill other than being a sincere and giving expression of life. Yes, a pursue my passions, and this could be considered the entirety of dharma - not a single role or purpose, as life is too full of beauty and wonder to be confined by any single point of view. 

my dharma is being. 

and this is exclusive, holding my every talent and urge, my desires, and I was born not to fulfill anything other than to honor my unique expression in the world. It's enough to be alive, and I was given many gifts upon my arrival, talents, and the easiest of all to display is gratitude for life. Truly, that alone is a divine purpose, to be granted such a gift along with the capacity to know how rare this opportunity is, an entire universe aligned to have me here. 

a beautiful dharma indeed. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: