Saturday, December 23, 2023

Brahma Muhurta


Brahma Muhurta: 

it's considered God's hours, Brahma Muhurta, a most auspicious period for the performance of any holy deed. This is my time to meditate, a gentle routine of yoga displayed through sun salutation and just a few asanas to wake my body to the arrival of the morning light. Perhaps of highest importance, to my emotional benefit at least, this is when I receive my most inspired words, as if the soft whisper of the universe is heard clearest at this hour. 

and who's to say it isn't.

this is actually a fluid time, not set to a particular point, but ranging from an hour and 36 minutes before sunrise and lasting 48 minutes total - although I've heard different time frames, this one seems the most consistent. It's said  that this when prana, life force, is most powerful, we're able to channel it for our creative and physical needs. I actually wake earlier than this, as if preparing for these hours readying my mind, body and spirit to receive the divine whispers of the morning. 

when Brahma Muhurta arrives...

I am ready to receive. 

lately, this has been my request for healing, using the motion of yoga, writing, and walking as a prayer, spending the most auspicious point of time in communion with nature. What I'm learning to do is to listen, not to any particular thing, but to every soft stir of wind and creak of branches, hearing the prowl or scammer of animals in the edge of brush, and mostly....

listening to silence. 

being the purest expression of these holy hours. 

and that seems to be the answer to my every deepest prayer. 

~

Peace, Eric 


No comments: