Saturday, June 4, 2022

Noticed


Noticed: 

just quiet, with the few thoughts that appear being softer in their tone, lighter, and the entire moment being more spacious in it's hold. There is no real goal of meditation, no destination to be reached, it's not a pursuit of any particular state of mind - and yet I cherish the stillness when it's eventually noticed, not found, but more that it's revealed as always here, available, and the mantra gently led me through the currents of my mind to the reality of its presence. 

and it's always a surprise.

that's meditation for me, a gentle surprise of stillness and wonder, that my own mind is capacity for such infinite silence as to hold the potential for a lifetime of thoughts to appear. It's also what's eventually noticed, each thought momentarily existing in that present field of silence, and that it's the stillness that eventually remains, thoughts passing through but never truly lasting. 

meditation is my moment to notice everything that passes...

and all that remains.

somehow, that it's just noticed, acknowledged and released with curiosity and wonder, it has a profound effect on me - to know that I posses this quiet reserve within me, a backdrop of always present silence that allows my every thought to be, that I am more spacious than ever previously believed. For this to be noticed, even briefly, changes the very nature of my day. I am somehow more at ease with who I am, less concerned with passing thoughts and more rooted in silence noticed. This all happens without force nor any means of concentration, no effort really, it's not mindfulness, but a revelation brought by mantra, a vibrational thought that drops me directly in the present moment reality of my silent mind. What's noticed is that I'm always here, somehow existing through a thought-filled world and at once an ever present stillness. 

being witness to the miracle of simply being...

noticed.

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: