Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Arrive


Arrive: 

to let each word arrive, that's the approach I take with writing, and honestly it's the only way anything is ever accomplished even if not realized. As an author I am more of a participant of a process than actual entity, a component of infinite sources gathered for a moment at my desk. I have no real say in how this all arrives, any of it, or even why the urge to write strikes me so early in the morning. Everything finds me in it's own way and time, and I am no longer bound to the illusion of an author in sole control of what will be written. It's all a mystery, each word, thought, and urge. 

this too is how the world arrives.

it's the realization of how little say there is to any condition, although there's great belief in personal control of certain situations, believing that we wield influence on events vastly beyond our point of understanding. Yet mostly, on a deeper level, we know this isn't really so. There's no true choice on the most fundamental matters of life, only our response, and even this is based again on infinite sources beyond our capabilities to know. 

we simply live as mystery.

and this isn't as fearful as I once believed, it's now a matter of faith that everything arrives completely on it's own and that my only role is one of preparation and patience. I know that words will appear and I find myself at my desk each morning, coffee at hand, waiting, eager for their surprise. I am prepared for their arrival and it happens without fail. I have no idea how any of this happens, but I'm certain that I'm not the sole cause of their appearance, inspiration being so much more than any power I control. 

really, it's a great relief, to now simply play my part of author and allow ideas to find me, having faith in the entire mystery and process that oversees every aspect of the world. I prepare for words, trusting in their appearance, listening to the urge that guides me to desk and keyboards. I'm simply part of this great mystery, inspired by reason of my existence, with nothing more needed than to know I am alive. Writing happens.

words arrive.

it's a pretty easy process. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: