Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Race Thoughts

So my longest timed race (12 hours) didn't go as planned but it was a great learning experience and leaves me time to better prepare for the 24 hour event in November. Last weekends race was on a more technical trail than I had thought it would be and a little hillier - made it a little harder to get into the zone I had hoped for. I still very much enjoyed the race and the thought of timed events still intrigue me very much. My preparation is now very much geared into a successful 24 hour run - with success being measured as still on the course at the end of the time limit. Mileage is less important although I do hope to reach the 80+ miles. Any readers who participate in these events please feel free to send tips and advice - all would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
Eric

No comments: