Monday, September 17, 2012

Writers Write

I don't always feel like writing, I'm not always inspired. Yet everyday I sit at my desk and write - why? Because I think of myself as a writer and thoughts backed my action become reality. Writers...write. I made a promise to myself many years ago that I would write everyday. This was over ten years ago and I have kept that promise. A few times I have even gotten myself out of bed to write a few words - I took this promise to heart and honor it with my commitment. The words themselves are less important than the intent of laying them down against the page. It's what writers do. So even a few words, as long as heartfelt and given with grace become enough to fill my promise. Writers write. What promise have you made? And how do you honor it?

Peace,
Eric

No comments: