Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Morning Prayer



Morning prayer: 


there's a morning prayer offered in A Course in Miracles that I dearly love - it takes the challenges of the day ahead and surrenders them to God, asking these questions:

"where would you have me go? What would you have me do? What would you have me say, and to whom? "

and with that, my role is over, I simply go where I'm directed, doing whatever is called for me to do, and speaking just the right words to those whom I meet along the way. What I most love about this prayer is that it could easily have been found in the Tao Te Ching, or the Bhagavad Gita. These are wisdom words asking for guidance from a greater source than mere ego, a non-dual stance of surrendering my own limited beliefs of a smaller self, and trusting in the intelligence of a truer self. 

it's just letting go...

and allowing life itself, 

in all of its spontaneous wonder, to take over.

the truth is, I often make a mess out of my little part of the world, thinking that I know best and forging ahead with my own ideas and plans. When I'm able to step aside and allow life, God, the Tao, to lead me in the right direction, providing me with proper words, the more apt I am to be happier and fulfilled. It's only when I cling to my own sense of knowing best that I make a mess of things. Yet I find that I still place my intuition and wisdom guidance aside and listen to my ego's voice, even after all these years and surely knowing better.

true surrender is hard it seems.

so each morning I pray...

where would you have me go? What would you have me do? What would you have me say, and to whom? 

and then I simply listen.

~

Peace, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Nothing to Forgive Here 

Also, please visit to buy: The Mystic Jesus

No comments: