Sunday, August 11, 2024

Morning Prayer



Morning Prayer:

for decades now I've had the ritual of morning prayer, a simple one, not petitionary, adopted from the German mystic Meister Eckhart and very brief in it's moment -

"if the only prayer you ever said was thank you, that would be enough"

no other prayer is needed.

and so my day begins with the prayer...

thank you, thank you, thank you. 

three times and with sincerity, not for repetition, but for sincerity, spontaneously arriving to my lips now after so many years of practice. I am thankful for the dawn of  a brand new day, that I woke from a deep slumber of nothingness to a world filled with everything I most truly need - and none of this was asked for, given by the grace of my existence.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

what more is there to say?

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Somewhere Between

Also, please visit to buy: The Way of Paradox

Thank you. 



No comments: