Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Few Words


Few words: 

and for now there are only a few words to appear, and not ones of any great meaning or importance - this is usually my time of inspiration, well before dawn, mostly silent and with just the occasional bird note being given to the air. There is no need for writing, not right now, and this seems to be what the morning is trying to tell me...and I do my best to listen. 

for me,

silence is synonymous with writing.

and I am deeply comfortable in its presence.

what I'm writing now comes through after a  long pause from what was previously written, again the morning urges me patience, not to reach for inspiration, and to give little importance to the few words that appear. Silence has its own agenda. 

my role is to listen.

trusting.

and so I could be content with what I have now, with just these few words written, and without any need to fill an entire page with the cleverness of language and ideas. The morning urges me more towards silence, to reacquaint myself with its presence and find my comfort there. There's another time for clever words and lengthy commitment to ideas, perhaps tomorrow morning, my usual time before dawn and where inspiration always seems to find me. This morning was meant for mostly listening, honoring silence as best I'm able, and with an occasional word and phrase given seamless to the air. It's much like the notes of that first bird song of the morning, a grace of early notes not meant to awaken others, but only to be heard by those already awake now. 

these few words...

 are just my morning song. 

~

Peace, Eric 


No comments: