Friday, July 22, 2022

Deciphering


Deciphering: 

really, it's about deciphering mystery, alchemy in a sense, that silence has a deepest wish to be heard and will lend itself to words if only I'm to listen deeply, patient, not rushing my own thoughts here to fill the page. I want to know the secrets silence holds, to share its mystery translated into words the best that I am able, deciphering what truly can't be told into a representation of its beauty. 

it never happens, not completely at least, and that's the draw of silence, it's to be experienced, and is always just beyond the grasp of words. 

yet it leaves me wishing I could share.

and that's why I consider myself a poet, a mystic, just labels really, but again like words to silence they attempt to capture an ineffable experience of being overwhelmed by the presence of deep stillness, consumed by its mystery and left only with a desire to share the rediscovery of my own silent nature. An impossible task and one that's makes a poet worthy. 

a poet's role is deciphering silence into words, and it always leads to a beautiful failure. never quiet capturing the essence of their own intimate experience of the world. Every attempt is worthy and leaves me hopeful to the next, not that it may finally succeed, but that I am again immersed in silence, partaking of its mystery, and that perhaps my description later given to a page will be closer than before. Of course it never is, again it's an impossible task, Sisyphean by its very nature. 

and I've given it a lifetime of devotion.

joyfully so.

 and would gladly devote a thousand more. 

each one given to deciphering this mystery, listening to the underlying silence in vibration, remaining hopeful in the beauty of words through the translation that they offer. 

it's a poet's role, after all....

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: