Wednesday, January 15, 2020

That There Is An I At All



I - and not found as a lasting, central identity, but a gathering of things once thought unrelated. To say that I am an event is more truthful than previously believed as an object. There is nothing of me that continues unchanged from past moments, no cell not slightly altered, nor thought that's ever just the same. Nothing pinpoints me to a single instant. In this light, I now find myself not existing in any separate fashion, but as existence itself and all that it includes - and this means too the inclusion of thoughts and sensations labeled as myself. I am not apart from thoughts of separation. This is where I find my peace - there is no belief that I am small. Even when I feel that way. That there is an I at all - is just part of this one belonging. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: