Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day Hike

Day hike today at Cunningham Falls in Frederick County - it's beautiful country there and only a 45 minute drive from the Baltimore area. Every time I go out there I ask myself why I don't make the (minimal )effort to run and hike there more often. I hope to make it a priority this summer - at least once or twice a month. It also reminded me of how much I love to just hike - long or short - and the time on the feet is perfect, low(er) impact training for ultras. Not too mention that walking in the mountains is in itself its own reward. We're planning some fairly extensive distance day or multiple day hikes this summer through the fall and I'm really excited about this - it's definitely getting back to my roots. And that was my day - and it was pretty awesome. Hope yours is as well. Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Eric

No comments: