Saturday, June 24, 2023

Spiritual Alchemy


Spiritual alchemy; 

really, it's no less the spiritual alchemy, that basic elements, most common, and not exclusive to the brain at all, will somehow prompt the experience of awe that occurs every time I see a Red-shoulder hawk alight on a branch, or produce the urge to give for me to give a curious moment to turtles sunning on a log, glimpsed as I walk around my local pond. These are conscious experiences, and a strictly materialistic view would have that they result from interactions of material things, a biochemical process of the human brain and nervous system - and that I am conscious only because of some particular arrangement of these physical items found throughout the entire universe, together having somehow sparked my experience of awe and curiosity of the world. 

that I am aware at all is spiritual alchemy. 

the arrangement of certain items to transform matter into mind.

there's no argument here, I'm not up to the task, and ultimately it doesn't matter to me, however consciousness is produced - I am, and truly it is as simple as that. I'm just as amazed that the universe can be arranged in such a way as to produce a sense of awe, and that physically, I am capable of pursuing a life that stirs those feelings. Materialism is spiritual alchemy in finest display, true magic indeed, basic elements mysteriously coming to a sense of being self-aware. 

alchemy.

my own experience is simply and only consciousness itself, with nothing being found separate from this awareness. Meditating, deep within a quiet exploration of self and the selflessness from which my thoughts and experiences arise - I find no point of origin, it's far too seamless here, not a single item more vital in importance than another, a spiritual alchemy consisting of ingredients that are far too subtle to truly exist completely on their own.

all I find is consciousness.

and I have no idea how any of this came to be.

a material explanation is as valid as any other as far as I'm concerned, being that I'm a firm believer in magic and the mystery of its arrangement. 

it's really just spiritual alchemy. 

no matter what it's called. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: