Friday, June 9, 2023

Shaman's Drum


Shaman's drum: 

surrendered to the shaman's drum, each beat plays through me now, drumming through my absence, with just a note of consciousness that's somehow able to observe. This a journey, and I have no idea what's imagined or real, and with no need to know the difference. It's simply what's happening, another aspect of reality shown and there's an eagerness to explore. 

a shaman's drum calls to me.

the story is that I'm lying in bed listening to a recording of shamanic drumming made specifically for these journeys. I've given careful preparation for this opportunity, followed instructions, and then listened to this specific beat, 205-225 drum strikes per minutes, a shaman playing, and real or imagined I descend to the lower world. My sole purpose is just to be here, not yet concerned with having questions answered, or to meet an animal guide, although I will greet these opportunities most enthusiastically should they be presented. I've actually been here before, through other means entirely, but it's different now, there's a sharp awareness to my presence, and while it's not a sense of being in control, there absolutely no concern - I am completely surrendered the shaman's drum, even as it seems to fade in distance. 

I am fully in the lower world. 

this isn't a journey to gain anything, it's not about having another experience of conciseness, or to prove the existence of non-ordinary states of reality. It's just a journey, an opportunity to explore a deeper side of nature, a spirit world that's alive with the purpose of the divine. I don't ask if it's real or imagined, my only wish is to be awake in this presence, feeling a kinship with life in a deeply intimate fashion. It's true to me even if completely dreamed while lying on my bed. My journey is of creativity, an exploration of an entirely other world, not separate from our own, but one that's been long forgotten. It's here that nature speaks to me, secrets shared, inspiration given. 

and following the rhythm of a shaman's drum...

I find myself amidst the lower world.

exploring. 

~

Peace, Eric 

No comments: