Tuesday, July 28, 2020

No Practice



no practice is needed to be as we are - and yet the paradox, for me, is that meditation brings a deep relaxation that carries past the cushion to a life that's free of practice. Life is a spontaneous unfolding of events that hold an invitation for me to remember my own participation. Sometimes I remember this as a gentle nod of curiosity at the mystery of the world, often I forget and lose myself in the details of the day - but at no point am I ever removed from the flow of life, my belonging is never lost from sight, indeed my view provides the grace to again remember the seamless joy of being. To simply see is to belong. None of this is a practice, but it all is part of the fabric of my day, without effort, it's just how things are right now. Much to my joy and surprise. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: