Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Racing

The Blues Cruise 50k Trail Race is this weekend and once again I'll be hitting the trails with fairly tired legs. Training hard for Croatan 24 Hour Endurance Run and I only want to taper so much for smaller races right now. Having said that I will take a day or two off to be somewhat fresher than previous recent races. I also want to return to Galloway's method (run/walk/run) and be a little more strict in my adherence. I recently read that Galloway himself ran a 4:15 marathon (Air Force) using :30 of running and :15 of running - at the age of 68 and not to far from a recent surgery. That's impressive. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Right now the plan will be 1:30 of running with :30 walk breaks until near the end wear I hope to run it in a little harder. If all goes well I'll try the same (possibly) for a road marathon the following week. Stay tuned.

Peace,
Eric

No comments: