Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Fragments Of The Past


sometimes the moment contains fragments of the past, memories being the motion of thought with no borders of their own. Right now, from the warm side of a window, watching a heavy snow fall, and memories of another trying winter from not long ago trail across my mind. Loneliness still approaches even from days past, the loss of my mother, isolated from my wife, and it all still presses on the edge of being fresh, hurt still lingers, and I know it's all but a ghost seeking my attention. Once - I would fight this, to keep the ghost at bay and busy my mind and body, I fought it as an dishonor to the present moment, being here, now, meant a presence pure of past. Yet now, here I am, this moment, with memories of another snowy day that offered pain, and there is no need to fight, no longer even a past to let go of - there's presence, pure in it's allowance of what's gone by, what lingers still, and what will surely pass. It all belongs, it's always, only the present moment, open, and in this I find honor to just let it all be. 
No matter what it may seem to contain. 

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: