Saturday, May 4, 2024

What am I Grateful For?



What am I grateful for: 

each morning my inquiry always ends with the final question of what am I truly grateful for, and with this I slide seamlessly into the easy thought of my mantra, softly, effortlessly settling into a quiet mind. Yet this inquiry isn't left unanswered, it's just later revealed in more subtle ways, less obvious than surveying my life and taking stock of my health or material possessions, although, of course, there's deep appreciation for all this as well. 

it's just not the final revelation to be shown. 

the answer always seems to come to as this, truly right now, that this is what I'm grateful for, everything and absolutely nothing at all - I'm thankful for what each exact moment offers and how my life unfolds through curiosity and wonder. 

and it sneaks up on my, quietly so, a gratefulness that catches me completely by surprise with an easy force that overwhelms me. I am truly happy to be alive, to exist, having arrived to this point in life and no longer in need of any answers to the mysteries of the world. 

it's enough to simply be,

and for that...

I'm truly grateful. 

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Ever Closer

Also, please visit to buy: A Complaint Free World 

Thank you. 


No comments: