Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Spontaneous Inspiration




Spontaneous inspiration: 

if there's a struggle, it's always for the first words, the opening phrase that sets the tone for everything that follows. The reason it might seem more difficult is that I often approach the page without a clear idea of what's to be written, relying on spontaneous inspiration to guide me. And it always does, without fail, but sometimes there's still those first few moments of doubt, even after all these years, a presence of fear that whispers to me that this morning might be the point when inspiration fails to show -

and the page stays empty for the day.

of course this doesn't happen, inspiration is always present and only needs to be courted through faith and a patient wait. So it's easier for me now, I have my ritual of coffee and calm abiding sips that fill those moments with a peaceful curiosity, knowing that I can easily wait here through the course of morning, yet eager to hear those first words that inspiration might whisper. 

they never fail to cause a smile...

as even if it's a familiar theme I know that every word will be freshly delivered in a way I've never heard before, bringing a brand new arrangement that offers deeper insights and meaning. That's the magic of spontaneous inspiration, it bypasses my intellectual understanding of any topic that I've been considering writing of, and leaps directly to my intuitive sense of creatively knowing exactly what's to be written. In a way, it's channeled writing, a gift received by the spirit of whatever it is that demands these early morning hours of my attention, urging me to write directly from my heart. 

and through the years I've learned to listen, 

relying on this spontaneous inspiration,

letting of any sense of struggle- 

writing only what is hears.

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Each Asana 

Also, please visit to buy: The Bhagavad Gita 

Thank you. 




No comments: