Monday, April 29, 2024

Each Asana




Each asana: 

each asana holds a true moment of poise, pure yoga, an opportunity for breath and body to extend themselves to a quiet mind. I feel most open to this in the early morning hours, everything already hushed in awakening and there's less struggle in my surrender to each pose. At this time yoga feel more like a revelation to me, a moving form of self-inquiry that tells me exactly who am I through this easy motion, a whisper going through my body that contains the secret of the breath...

a silent voice that tells me that I am. 

 and with each asana revealing my existence.

a pure moment of is yoga discovered. 

the sage Patanjali defined yoga as the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind, yogas citta vritta nirodhah, and that's the essence of each posture. That's what I love about my asana practice, that the entirety of yoga is found within a single pose, or even subtler still, contained within a breath. So every practice becomes an opportunity to know myself a bit more deeply, a soft inquiry that doesn't strain towards an answer but simply allows me to reach that true moment of poise that revels itself to me.. 

I am witnessing my essence through the grace of breath,

 body, 

and the blessings of a quiet mind.

~
Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: At Once 

Also, please visit to buy: The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali 

Thank you. 





No comments: