Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Running Sutras - Verse 8:6



The Blessed Lord Said:

Concentrate your mind on me,
fill your heart with my presence,
love me, serve me, worship me,
and you will attain me at last.
                                                               (Bhagavad Gita 9:34)

~
Never beyond our present step...the stride
lengthens in the grace of our
awareness.

The path we choose is love.

  • We run to know ourselves within the present moment. Distance brings dismissal of delusions of self - we are not a mere runner - we are the connector of ground and sky, and the witness that bring into existence all of which we see. We are gods in embryo and each step a potential birth. The Self is revealed in the mantra of steps and the harmonized moments of breath and air - the soft sound of life and a silence in between. We run to simply be - this.
 Peace,
Eric


* Verse 9:34 translated by Stephen Mitchell 

No comments: