Tuesday, September 3, 2019

And What Wants To Be Revealed


I don't know anything about being awakened, nothing about a realization of self or non-self, and certainly not a thing about the end of seeking. In truth I don't know that I've ever considered myself a seeker, I've never looked for a final truth, and every path has been more of a joyful exploration of where I've just found myself to be. It's been fun. It still is. Perhaps the absence of a fervent urgency has kept me from the secret of Secrets - it's not that I haven't (and still) suffered, and as much as anyone I've wished for mine (and other's) to end. But what's led me down the rabbit hole of trying to understand reality, as much as I can, has been curiosity. From shamanism, Buddhism, Christian contemplative practice, to non-duality - these paths have open as a mystery to and for me, a clear path to....something. So maybe in a sense I am a seeker, yet one not looking for a path to follow to a conclusive end. I'm still curious. At the same time, these past few years I've found myself aware of an openness that's unfolds in all directions, my own self gently engulfed in this unfolding, aware of simply - being aware. The funny things is, there's nothing to explore here, no path, belonging fully to the scenery - there's no need to even be a seeker. It all unfolds on its own. And what wants to be revealed - will be.

~
Peace,
Eric 

No comments: