Monday, May 27, 2024

That's Always Been the Lesson



That's always been the lesson

for much of spring I have been hopeful of capturing a short video clip of a blue jay, they're quiet common and I see them daily on my walks all throughout the year. Yet for some reason I've been unable to get more than a glimpse of one on video, flirting off just as my camera aligns, frustrating my every effort. I had this same problem with cardinals earlier in the year and then suddenly they become quite cooperative. And now it's much the same with blue jays, almost as if they're demanding my attention and literally posing for the camera. 

as if their energy has now shifted in my direction.  

and all I had to do was be patient.

I love when this happens, that it's only when I'm ready to perceive the true beauty and message of nature is it surely revealed to me - every effort in between is simply the preparation to receive. That's the lesson for me, always, readying myself for that which I wish for, being energetically aligned with nature. So for the entirety of spring I just wasn't ready, not yet matched to the spirit of blue jays.

Until now...

this when they reveal themselves to me, for whatever reason I'm deemed worthy. Yet still I have to be careful, never over eager, being patient and slow moving. My role isn't to film, or not merely so, but to match my spirit with the blue jays and only then does the camera play into the moment, it's secondary to the holiness of the occasion - that right now, I am graced by the presence of a blue jay. 

my only true role is to appreciate beauty.

everything else is secondary.

and perhaps that's always been the lesson. 

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Opening to a New Healing

Also, please visit to buy: The Shaman's Body

Thank you. 


No comments: