Thursday, May 23, 2024

Firmly Established




Firmly Established: 

patience isn't my strong suit, it's not something that comes easily for me, at least for things and events I'm most excited for, enthusiasm often causing my mind to rush forward to an anticipated future and miss the joy of the present moment completely. Through the years though, with over decades of meditation and meditation practice, it's now become somewhat of a default mode for me, a more natural expression of being at ease with what's present. 

honestly, I'm just happier now.

and for me, that's been the magic of my practice, that my asanas were impossible to rush through, there had to be a base established firmly in the present moment and only then proceed to a postures full expression. With it being the same for meditation, patience was key for revealing my natural state of mind, clear and peaceful, but only as I repeatedly returned here from incessant roaming, gently recommitting myself to a mantras vibration and allowing it to pull me back home no matter how many times I night stray. 

my first meditation lesson was to be kind to myself.

and with that,

patience easily followed. 

that's the true value of my practice, returning to me starting pain as often as it's needed, being unafraid of starting over, and most importantly, at ease within the present moment - even if the moment holds no small degree of agitation, frustration, or any of the myriad forms that impatience shows. I can always choose kindness, as often as needed, a base that's now firmly established. 

patiently so. 

~

Peace, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Just Missed

Also, please visit to buy: The Art of Patience 

Thank you. 



No comments: